Making a Difference
Discovery Science Center is looking to grow our adult volunteer base. We are looking for volunteers who are able to donate their time between Monday through Friday. The Center sees over 75,000 students a year through our field trip programs held during the weekdays. Table top and exhibit presentations run by volunteers make a huge difference in their experience and help create a positive lasting impression. Volunteers are not required to have a teaching background; we are simply looking for people who are outgoing and passionate about giving back to their community. Come help us spark love and interest for science and math in our students!
Who Can Apply to Become a Volunteer?
All volunteers have to be at least 15 years of age. All applicants 18 and over will have to submit to a background check. Unfortunately, we cannot accept volunteers who are serving community service hours due to a crime or diversion program.
Things to Consider
Discovery Science Center takes pride in our appearance. Volunteers are required to adhere to our dress code and appearance guidelines:
- Closed toe black or brown shoes
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings
- Full length black pants (no jeans or denim, no tight fitting pants or extremely loose fitting pants)
- Volunteers must complete a minimum of 60 hours before the Volunteer Department will verify or sign any paperwork
- We highly recommend that all volunteers provide their own locks for lockers
How to Apply
Discovery Science Center’s volunteers are active year round. Interviews are held monthly.
1. Fill out and submit an online application. Click here >
2. Mail your resume to:
Discovery Science Center
Attn: Adult Volunteer Department
2500 North Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
3. After receiving all required paperwork, the Volunteer Department will contact you to set up an interview date and time. Interviewees should dress business casual.
Questions? View our FAQ or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interview and Training Sessions
June 1st – Paperwork Due
June 15th – Training (by invitation only)