Discovery Science Center offers group volunteer opportunities to high school, college, and corporate groups at our special events.
How to Apply
Discovery Science Center is always looking for group volunteers to help with special events. To sign your group up for an event:
- Contact the Volunteer Department at 714-913-5028 or email@example.com to check for the latest availability on desired events.
- Provide us with group leader information. Such as: Name, phone number, e-mail, school and club name
- Confirm the amount of volunteers attending the event 2 weeks BEFORE event date.
- Forward event information packet (provided by the Volunteer Department) to ALL members of your group.
*Number of Volunteers per group per shift is limited; please contact Volunteer Department with desired group size for approval*
Discovery Science Center takes pride in our appearance. Volunteers are required to adhere to our dress code and guidelines. Dress code may vary depending on the event. Please contact the Volunteer Department for event specific dress code guidelines.
- Closed toe black or brown shoes.
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings.
- Full length black pants.
- No jeans or denim.
- No tight fitting pants (no extremely loose fitting pants).
- Volunteer Shirts, provided by the Volunteer Department, should be tucked in at all times.
- Volunteers are not allowed to carry personal belongings while they are working, including cell phones.
Discovery Science Center highly recommends that all volunteers provide their own locks for lockers (Volunteer Department has locks available for volunteers to borrow on a daily basis).
We ask that all volunteers arrive on time and stay for the entire length of the shift they signed up for.
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.