Making a Difference
Discovery Science Center has a strong and active group of teen volunteers who donate the majority of their time to us on weekends, the holidays, and in the summer. We are looking for volunteers who are outgoing, passionate, and enjoy working with the public. Teens are welcome to serve in the same positions as adults. Volunteers do not need previous volunteer experience. If you are ready to join the Discovery Science Center family, apply to be a volunteer!
Who Can Apply to Become a Volunteer?
All volunteers have to be at least 15 years of age. All applicants 18 and over will have to submit to a background check. Unfortunately, we cannot accept volunteers who are serving community service hours due to a crime or diversion program.
Things to Consider
Discovery Science Center takes pride in our appearance. Volunteers are required to adhere to our dress code and appearance guidelines:
- Closed toe black or brown shoes
- No visible tattoos or facial piercings
- Full length black pants (no jeans or denim, no tight fitting pants or extremely loose fitting pants)
- Volunteers must complete a minimum of 60 hours before the Volunteer Department will verify or sign any paperwork
- We highly recommend that all volunteers provide their own locks for lockers
How to Apply
Discovery Science Center’s volunteers are active year round. Interviews are held monthly.
1. Fill out and submit an online application. Click here >
2. Mail your resume and sealed letter of recommendation to:
Discovery Science Center
Attn: Teen Volunteer Department
2500 North Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Resume or letter of recommendation questions? Click Here >
3. After receiving all required paperwork, the Volunteer Department will contact you to set up an interview date and time. Interviewees should wear business casual.
Questions? View our FAQ or email email@example.com.
Interview and Training Session
June 1st – Paperwork Due
June 8th – Interviews (by appointment only)
June 15th – Training (by invitation only)
July 6th – Paperwork Due
July 13th – Interviews (by appointment only)
July 20th – Training (by invitation only)