Contact: Dan Nasitka
Manager of Public Relations
Discovery Science Center
714-913-5018 | firstname.lastname@example.org
January 25, 2012
DISCOVERY SCIENCE CENTER HOSTS SPECIAL “BREAKFAST WITH DORA!” MEMBER AND MEDIA PREVIEW – JANUARY 28th and 29th
Members of the press are invited to a special “Breakfast with Dora” event to celebrate the opening of DSC’s newest traveling exhibit: Dora and Diego – Let’s Explore! This new exhibit takes visitors on an active adventure in the enchanting world of Dora the Explorer, her animal rescuing cousin Diego, and their friends!
Discovery Science Center
2500 N. Main Street
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Saturday, January 28th and 29th
Any press interested in attending, please contact Dan Nasitka, Public Relations Manager at (714) 913-5018 or email@example.com. Photo opportunities with Dora will be available as well as several learning stations.
Visuals in the exhibit include:
- Pirate Ship – join the Pirate Piggies crew and dress like a pirate to pretend-play along sailing the ship, raise and lower the flag, look through the telescopes to spot the treasure chest, and divvy up the coins into the banks to help share the treasure.
- Animal Rescue Center – diagnose an animal’s problem from the Scanner bed, bandage and apply cold packs at the First-Aid Station, and bathe stuffed animals at the Care Station.
- Rainforest Maze – explore a maze to locate rainforest animals; active play is encouraged as children swing across the Bobo Brothers’ monkey bars, crawl through a fallen tree, climb across Jaguar Mountain, and jump or hop across the River Rocks.
- Tico’s Tree – help Tico pick nuts from the tree for a family picnic and play along with Swiper to swipe the nuts.
- Isa’s Flowery Garden – tour Isa’s Garden to play with flowers, interact with bird, butterfly and insect puppes, and pretend-fly with toddler-sized bird and butterfly wings.
- The Purple Planet – enter a Purple Planet home to climb and slide.
- Rocket Ship – preschoolers can put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and test their memory with images of colorful planets.
- Constellations – help identify the patterns made out of stars by inserting star shapes to light-up a constellation.
ABOUT DISCOVERY SCIENCE CENTER
Imaginations run wild through more than 100 hands-on exhibits at Discovery Science Center, Orange County’s leading destination for hands-on science fun. Take the Eco Challenge and become a green superhero, feel the power of a real rocket engine “launch”, explore the inner workings of a two-story tall dinosaur and try your best slap shot against the Anaheim Duck’s goalie! Since 1998, Discovery Science Center has been a non-profit organization dedicated to educating young minds, assisting teachers and increasing public understanding of science, math and technology through interactive exhibits and programs. It is a community-wide resource where families come together to learn and have fun and school districts can use as an educational resource.
Open daily from 10:00 a.m. For further information, call us at (714) 542-CUBE or visit us online www.discoverycube.org.