Home > 2014 Eco Challenge Poster Contest
Step Up to Bat for a Sustainable Eco Future!
Enter our poster contest for the chance to be an Honorary Bat Kid at an Angels baseball game this year!
In celebration of the 125th anniversary of the County of Orange, the County is looking for young artists to create artwork demonstrating what the next 125 years will look like if we take the Eco Challenge and work toward a sustainable future.
Bring or mail your entry to Discovery Science Center by June 30, 2014 and five lucky winners (one from each of Orange County’s Supervisorial District) will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid during an Angels Baseball home game in 2014.
Contest Rules and Eligibility
Contest is open to boys and girls who will be between the ages of eight (8) and fourteen (14) at some point during the Angels Baseball regular season.
- Size: Minimum: 11” X 17” Maximum: 18” X 24”
- Materials: Poster should be designed on a white background. Artwork should not be computer generated. Paints, crayons, chalks, markers, pencils, pens, etc. are allowed.
- Content: Artists are allowed to incorporate text relevant to environmentally friendly message. The visual design of the poster must relate to one of the above themes. Poster should be vibrant and aesthetically appealing. Copyrighted characters or name brands (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, etc.) should NOT be used in artwork; use of such brands or characters will result in disqualification.
- Please do not fold posters. Entries must be matted, flat or rolled, and not folded.
- Name, address, age, phone number, and district must be written on the back of the poster.
- Poster orientation: Portrait
Posters will be judged based on originality (20%), visual clarity (20%), relevance to theme (20%), artwork (20%), and effectiveness of message (20%). Winners will be selected by the County of Orange, Discovery Science Center and Angels Baseball leadership.
Deadline and Submission Process
Posters should be mailed or brought to Discovery Science Center at the address below by June 30, 2014. Limit one (1) entry per contestant. Winners will be notified by phone by July 31, 2014. Winners will have ten (10) days to claim their prize, after which the prize will be awarded to another winner. A completed Waiver Release Form must be submitted with your entry to be eligible to win. Click here to download >
Discovery Science Center
Attn: Bat Kid Contest
2500 N. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Please indicate on your poster the Supervisorial District in which you reside:
1. Garden Grove, Midway City, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fountain Valley
2. Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton, Rossmoor
3. Anaheim Hills, Irvine, Orange, Silverado Canyon, Modjeska Canyon, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda
4. Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park , Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Placentia
5. Aliso Viejo, Coto de Caza, Dana Point, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Las Flores, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Crystal Cove, Emerald Bay
Any posters not claimed by September 30, 2014 will be recycled. To claim your poster, please e-mail email@example.com.
Five winners as determined by a panel of judges will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid for one (1) regular season Angels home game each during the months of July, August or September 2014. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to one (1) of five (5) predetermined Angels home games, complimentary parking, one (1) bat kid uniform, one (1) official baseball for autographs, one (1) on-field credential for dugout access (for bat kid only), recognition on the video board during pre-game activities, and one (1) professional on-field photo.