Home > Eco Challenge Poster Contest
Deadline Extended Due to Popular Demand! Entries Due 6/7
Step Up to Bat for Our Planet!
Enter our poster contest for the chance to be an Honorary Bat Kid at an Angels baseball game this year! Just choose your favorite topic below and make a poster to showcase your ideas and creativity around that theme.
- Recycling – Design a poster showing how you make an effort to recycle in your everyday life.
- Reusing Materials – Design a poster showing how various household items can be re-used in new and different ways.
- Reducing Waste – Design a poster showing how you can reduce waste; what kind of choices can you make in your daily life to ensure you are only using what you need?
- A Greener Future – Design a poster around the idea of what Earth would look like if we were more environmentally conscious.
Bring or mail your entry to Discovery Science Center by June 7, 2013 and one lucky winner from each of Orange County’s Supervisorial Districts will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid during an Angels home game in 2013.
Contest Rules and Eligibility
Contest is open to boys and girls who will be between the ages of eight (8) and fourteen (14) at some point during the Angels Baseball regular season (April 1, 2013 to September 29, 2013).
- Size: Minimum: 11” X 17” Maximum: 18” X 24”
- Materials: Poster should be designed on a white background. Artwork should not be computer generated. Paints, crayons, chalks, markers, pencils, pens, etc. are allowed.
- Content: Artists are allowed to incorporate text relevant to environmentally friendly message. The visual design of the poster must relate to one of the above themes. Poster should be vibrant and aesthetically appealing. Copyrighted characters or name brands (e.g., Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, etc.) should NOT be used in artwork; use of such brands or characters will result in disqualification.
- Please do not fold posters. Entries must be matted, flat or rolled, and not folded.
- Name, address, age, phone number, and district must be written on the back of the poster.
- Poster orientation: Portrait
Posters will be judged based on originality (20%), visual clarity (20%), relevance to theme (20%), artwork (20%), and effectiveness of message (20%). Winners will be selected by the County of Orange, Discovery Science Center and Angels Baseball leadership.
Deadline and Submission Process
Posters should be mailed or brought to Discovery Science Center at the address below by June 7, 2013. Limit one (1) entry per contestant. Winners will be notified by phone by June 15, 2013. Winners will have ten (10) days to claim their prize, after which the prize will be awarded to another winner.
Discovery Science Center
Attn: Bat Kid Contest
2500 N. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Please indicate on your poster the Supervisorial District in which you reside:
1. Garden Grove, Midway City, Santa Ana, Westminster, Fountain Valley
2. Buena Park, Costa Mesa, Cypress, Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, La Palma, Los Alamitos, Newport Beach, Seal Beach, Stanton, Rossmoor
3. Anaheim Hills, Irvine, Orange, Silverado Canyon, Modjeska Canyon, Tustin, Villa Park, Yorba Linda
4. Anaheim, Brea, Buena Park , Fullerton, La Habra, La Habra Heights, Placentia
5. Aliso Viejo, Coto de Caza, Dana Point, Irvine, Laguna Beach, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Hills, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Las Flores, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, Crystal Cove, Emerald Bay
Five winners as determined by a panel of judges will be awarded the status of Honorary Bat Kid for one (1) regular season Angels home game each during the months of August or September 2013. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to one (1) of five (5) predetermined Angels home games, complimentary parking, one (1) bat kid uniform, one (1) official baseball for autographs, one (1) on-field credential for dugout access (for bat kid only), recognition on the video board during pre-game activities, and one (1) professional on-field photo.