This past weekend Discovery Cube LA debuted not one, but two brand new exhibits geared towards children of all ages to enhance their natural curiosity and imagination about the world around them. The two new exhibits, Dora & Diego: Let’s Explore! and SPEED: Science in Motion, run now through early September 2016.
And, if science is your thing, sign up for Discovery Cube LA’s summer camp to take advantage of all that their inventive exhibits have to offer!
DISCOVERY CUBE LA OPENS NEW EXHIBITS
DORA AND DIEGO: LET’S EXPLORE!
Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore! takes visitors on an active adventure in the enchanting world of Dora the Explorer with her animal-rescuing cousin Diego, and their friends. Explore Isa’s Flowery Garden, help Tico gather nuts, join the Pirate Piggies’ crew to uncover pirate treasure, and help baby animals in the Rainforest Maze.
- The Purple Planet – Visit the Purple Planet with Dora and Boots! A Purple Planet home invites young visitors to climb inside and slide down on the surface of the Purple Planet.
- Rocket Ship – Dora’s outer-space friends want to go back to the Purple Planet and need help getting there. Aboard the Rocket Ship, preschoolers are invited to put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and test their memory with images of colorful planets as they help Dora and Boots take their outer-space friends home.
- Constellations – On the way to the Purple Planet, Dora and Boots encounter some interesting star groupings. Children and their families are invited to help identify the patterns made out of stars by inserting star shapes to light up a constellation.
Take a tour of the new Dora & Diego: Let’s Explore! exhibit below.
Don’t miss our children’s favorite busy time activity of helping Tico gather nuts.
And of course, climbing Jaguar mountain.
Zumba with Dora – Get Fit with Dora June 4 – 5, 2016
Don’t miss your chance to dance with Dora the Explorer during Zumba with Dora – Get Fit Weekend sponsored by Anthem Bluecross. Join Dora and a certified Zumba instructor for the ultimate Zumba dance session at the Cube. Make your way through the Dora & Diego: Let’s Explore! exhibit and then learn about healthy living by having fun and staying active with dancing.
Join the dance session June 4 – June 5 at 1:45pm, 2:45pm, and 4:15pm.
SPEED: SCIENCE IN MOTION
Rev up your engines during SPEED: Science in Motion at Discovery Cube LA from May 28 to September 11, 2016. SPEED replicates the high-octane action of the Formula 1 race track, complete with pit lane, workshop and physical testing environments. This immersive experience is designed to unravel the cutting edge science and technology behind professional motor sports. Visitors can challenge themselves through hands-on exhibits and displays, to see if they have the skills, fitness and reactions to race at over 200km/hour.
Visitors can explore three areas to test their skills and learn what it takes to become a Formula One racer. Exhibit areas include:
- The Workshop –Explore the science behind Formula One cars and learn about the engines, aerodynamics, and motion.
- The Fitness Testing Area – Drivers can test their skill levels using anticipation, reaction time, peripheral vision and heart rate exhibits to see if they have what it takes to become a professional Formula One driver.
- The Race Track – Trainee drivers can test their driving skills in a race simulator, change a tire under Formula One conditions, or compete against another driver in a virtual race.
Take a tour of the new SPEED: Science in Motion exhibit below.
You can even have a fun little competition on the pedal cars.
ABOUT DISCOVERY CUBE LA
Discovery Cube LA is located at 11800 Foothill Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91342. To learn more about Discovery Cube LA, their location and hours, and their current events, visit http://la.discoverycube.org/.
We were invited by Discovery Cube LA to be an official Discovery Cube Mom Ambassador. Portions of the material and expenses for this event have been provided courtesy of Discovery Cube LA. All opinions are our own.