Moment of Science – Bubbles!
What better way to get excited for Bubblefest XIX than to play with bubbles! Bubbles can come in varying shapes, sizes, and COLORS! For example, it’s easy to make a bubble rainbow! This activity does require food coloring and is best done outdoors with adult supervision
First, gather your materials:
- Bubble solution
- A plastic bottle
- An old sock
- A bowl
- Food coloring
Then, follow these directions:
- Cut the bottom off of the plastic bottle.
- Slip a sock over the cut end of a plastic bottle, you can secure it with a rubber band to keep the sock in place if needed.
- Pour bubble solution into a bowl.
- Use food coloring to make stripes down the sock, you can use as many colors as you’d like.
- Dip the sock end of the bottle into the bubble solution.
- Blow through the mouth of the bottle.
You now can make your own bubble rainbow! Mix food coloring to make new colors and see how big you can make your bubble rainbow! Be sure to wash your hands when you’re done, food coloring will stain skin and clothes.