Science of Gingerbread
November 25, 2016 – January 1, 2017
Get into the holiday spirit during the annual Science of Gingerbread! Our holiday festival is filled with great hands-on activities designed to bring families together this holiday season. Plus, check out award-winning Gingerbread Competition entries displayed throughout the Cube!
- Gingerbread Derby Competition – Build and race your very own candy car!
- Build a House Learning Station
- “A Matter of Taste” Stage Show (weekends only)
- Cookie Decorating in the Healthy Kitchen
- Santa Meet & Greet (available from 11:00am to 3:00pm on 11/25-11/27, 12/3-12/4, 12-10/12/11, 12/17-12/24)
Activities, times and dates subject to change without notice.
Annual Gingerbread Competition
Bake your way into the holiday season with Discovery Cube’s annual Gingerbread Competition! You’re invited to build your best gingerbread creation and enter the annual competition for a chance to win prizes!
Entering is easy
- Pick a design category, gather candy and icing, and start building!
- Submit your creation with an entry form to Discovery Cube between November 19th and 27th (Closed November 24th).
- Join the Gingerbread Awards Ceremony in December to find out if your creation won and enjoy an exclusive event just for competition entrants!
*Each gingerbread creation receives 4 admission tickets to the Gingerbread Awards Ceremony in December.
2016 categories include:
Best Holiday Themed
Best by an Organization
Best Youth 5 and Under
Best Youth ages 6-13
Best Youth Group/Troop/Scout
Best by Classroom
Best by a Member of the Cube
Best Super Hero Themed
Best Science Themed
Jr Gingerbread Engineers Presidents’ Choice