Innovators are Our Partners for Success
Innovators support impacts over 290,000 children every year throughout Southern California, many from disadvantaged and under-served school districts. Vital contributions from Innovators funds science outreach programs, professional development for teachers, and world-class interactive traveling exhibits at the Science Center.
Join the Innovators and become an ambassador and advocate of science education. Make an impact, now and for generations to come, with your leadership annual support.
Innovator Impact: Supporting Our Signature Programs & Exhibits
Making the Grade Field Trips
- Grade specific exhibits and table top demonstrations for active
- Pre-visit packets and class preparation materials maximize
- 70,000 children visit Discovery Science Center each year on field trips
Science to Go Outreach
- Hands-on interactive programs that enhance grade-specific instruction
- Experienced and credentialed educators conduct assemblies, labs and workshops
- 18 science teachers serve nearly 220,000 students in 650 schools
Teacher Professional Development
- California standards-based workshops and curriculum for K-12 science teachers
- Teachers Educational Network (TEN) connect s 1,800 teachers online and offers video workshops that reach beyond Southern California
- Over 600 teachers participate annually in our professional development programs
Future Scientists & Engineers of America
- Premier after-school science education program now in national partnerships
- Grade-specific hands-on projects advance California Science Content Standards
- Over 3,500 students are impacted through our after-school programs
- Scholarships for buses and admission directed to schools with need
- 7,000 students attend due to scholarship support
- Supports staff instruction time, classroom activity kits and materials
- 120 themed permanent and traveling exhibits serve as interactive teaching resources
- Boeing Rocket Lab, Planetary Research Station, Eco Challenge, and Science of Hockey are some of our signature permanent exhibits
- Star Wars, Sesame Street, and Indiana Jones represent some of our popular traveling exhibits
Becoming an Innovator
Donors who make a leadership annual gift of $1,500 or above ($1,000 for individuals) are recognized as members of the Innovators Circle.
Innovators enjoy a very special relationship with Discovery Science Center with special invitations to exclusive events, exhibit openings, lectures and programs as well as opportunities to engage and interact with the president and senior leadership of Discovery Science Center.
- Invitations to VIP openings of new exhibits, special programs and lectures
- VIP Membership & Parking Pass for priority entrance
- 10 guest tickets per year for promoting Discovery Science Center
- Discoveries news magazine
Discovery Science Center is grateful to this extraordinary group of community and business leaders for their philanthropic support.
To learn more about becoming an Innovator and additional levels of giving and its benefits, contact Julie Denman, Director of Development, at 714.263.3848 or email@example.com.