Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out, the first interactive exhibit based on the award-winning Disney and Pixar film, helps visitors – young and old – understand the important role emotions, memory and imagination play in our everyday lives. Focusing on the five core emotions featured in the film – Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust and Fear – hands-on and digital experiences in the exhibit offer opportunities to explore some of the ways we express our emotions – and recognize emotions in others, too.
Emotions at Play with Pixar’s Inside Out
Discovery Cube Los Angeles
June 10 - September 11
- Step into Headquarters to explore the range and intensity of emotions at the Control Panel.
- Explore some of the ways we show how we feel with our faces and bodies at the Emotions Mirrors.
- Think about an important memory and how it made you feel – or show how you are feeling right now by creating a glowing Memory Sphere.
- Use your imagination to create a story and perform it at Dream Productions.
- Work to keep the train on track – what feelings do you have when you control and balance the Train of Thought?
- Explore how emotions work together as you stack and balance the Emotion Blocks.
This exhibition was developed by Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh in collaboration with Pixar Animation Studios.
June 11: Kick off Family and Child Mental Health Awareness
July 9: Children at Play
August 13: Back to School, Health and Nutrition
September 10: Community Mental Health Awareness and Resource Fair