Home > EVENTS AND EXHIBITS
The Science of Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® features an extraordinary collection of intriguing objects and astonishing artifacts from Ripley’s Believe It or Not.
- Crawl through a life-size model of a prehistoric snake and revel at its incredible size
- Measure up against Robert Wadlow, the world’s tallest man, who grew to 8 feet 11 inches tall
- Marvel at intricate micro-sculptures so small, they fit in the eye of a needle
- And much more!
Inside the kitchen, much more is going on than pouring and mixing – it’s science at work! Our holiday festival is filled with festive activities designed to bring families together this holiday season.
- See our "Holiday Colors & Lights" Stage Show
- Meet Santa and take your photo with him
- Build and race your own candy car
- Check out award-winning gingerbread creations
- Decorate holiday cookies and eat them too!
Visit us on Saturday, December 7th and Sunday, December 8th and kids can write their own letter to Santa before he makes his deliveries this holiday season! We will even deliver them straight to the North Pole for you.
Plus, meet Santa himself and check out our Science of Gingerbread exhibit all weekend long.
Join us on Saturday, December 14th as Thomas & Friends make a special appearance at Discovery Science Center!
Don’t miss your chance to meet Thomas himself and take your photo with him. Plus, PBS SoCal will be here with special hands-on activities and Thomas & Friends fun for all ages from 10am to 4pm.
Meet & Greet Times:
*Activities and times subject to change without notice.
December 30 & 31, 2013
Ring in 2014 like a Hollywood superhero! Dress as your favorite superhero and celebrate the New Year with us at noon with Hollywood themed activities for the whole family.
Due to overwhelming demand, this popular event has been expanded to two days this year and is packed with super-charged activities including:
- Take fun photos in front of a real green-screen
- Create and experience sound effects on a Foley stage
- Save the party with superpowers in the "Dr. Party-Pooper" stage show
- Decorate hats & horns to take home
- Celebrate with balloon drops at noon & 2pm
- Join us in a ginger ale toast at noon & 2 pm
Ever wonder why dogs sniff each other’s rear ends, why cows need four stomachs to digest their food, or why cats spit up hair balls? You can find out the answers to all these nasty questions and more at Animal Grossology! Get up close and personal with some of the slimiest, stinkiest and downright yuckiest creatures on Earth through hands-on, interactive displays.
- Find out why flies throw up on their food (and sometimes our food!) before they eat it
- Explore the four different colors of blood and which colors belong to which animals
- Play the Slime Game and discover which animal is the slimiest of them all
- Become a dookie detective and investigate doo doo
- And much more!