Home > Annual Gingerbread Competition
Discovery Science Center proudly presents the 8th Annual Science of Gingerbread Competition.
Local companies, schools, families and organizations are invited to submit their gingerbread creations for the competition for the chance to win prizes!
Why YOU Should Enter:
- Unique hands-on learning experience for all ages
- Great team building exercise for any group
- Chance to win great prizes in many categories
- Invitation to our exclusive kick-off party
- Best Holiday Theme
- Best by an Organization
- Best Youth under 5
- Best Youth ages 6-13
- Best Youth Group/Classroom
- Best by a DSC Member
- Celebrate DSC – Help us celebrate our 15th birthday by building your favorite Science Center exhibit or other structure that shows what you love about Discovery Science Center.
- Most Unbelievable Creation – In the spirit of “Ripley’s Believe It or Not”, houses will be judged by their creative interpretation of the “Ripley’s Believe It or Not” brand. World’s tallest man? An unbelievable house? What will your creation be?
- Launch Pad Science Store gift card
- “VIP for a Day” Visit to Discovery Science Center
- An “OC Experience” – tickets to your favorite SoCal attractions
- And Much More!
Rules and Regulations
- This contest is open to businesses, organizations, and individuals. Your creation does not have to be a house. It can be a barn, church, castle, or some other structure.
- Fill out an entry form and return to Discovery Science Center (DSC) along with your creation by the specified deadline.
- All entries must be dropped off at DSC from November 22-December 1, between the hours of 11am and 3pm, excluding Thursday, November 28.
- Entries will be displayed at DSC from November 29, through January 5. All entries must remain at DSC during this time period.
- Creations must be constructed mainly of gingerbread, candies and icing. Please consider longevity when creating your structure. DSC will apply treatment to your structure once it goes on display, so it will no longer be edible after you turn it in.
- The entire visual display must be made of edible materials with the exception of the surface it is mounted upon. Non-visible interior supports of other materials allowed.
- The gingerbread display must be mounted on a solid base.
- Youth category entries should have a base appropriate to the size of the gingerbread house.
- DSC reserves the right to remove any entry which begins to look in disrepair.
- Entries will be judged on December 2-5. Winners will be announced at the Gingerbread Participant Party and notified by mail no later than December 15.
- Entries will be judged on imagination, construction, decoration detail, use of gingerbread, color and adherence to guidelines.
- All entries must be picked up Monday, January 6 between 10:00am and 5:00pm. Discovery Science Center reserves the right to dispose of entries remaining after that date.
For special arrangements please contact Derek Romano at 714-263-3834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.